The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator shows differing psychological preferences in how people innately perceive the world around them and make decisions. The MBTI instrument sorts for preferences and does not measure trait, ability, or character. MBTI is ideal for clients looking to take an introspective assessment that can help refine and develop the skills needed to further personal and professional goals and aspirations.
MBTI helps you:
- Understand differences between yourself and others, making it a real people skill
- Avoid and resolve conflicts by better understanding yourself and others
- Reduce stress through better understanding and appreciate different strengths
- Aide career development
- Assist communication strategies
- Understand how to give effective feedback
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Improve and change culture
- Identify gaps in the team
Here at the Southfield Center for Development, our MBTI Specialists administer the tool as
- A personal phone call to the client explaining what MBTI is, how to take the assessment and what to expect in the report
- The client will be sent an explanatory follow up email and an in-person 2 hour meeting will be scheduled.
- At the meeting the client receives information about the personality types and how they intersect with one another, takes the online assessment, receives their MBTI results, and debriefs the results with the Specialist.
- Follow-up meetings may be requested and scheduled for more in-depth coaching.
- Additional life, career or student coaching is also available.